Also available at:
Last updated 2003.01.10
Items of Historical Interest in the Development and Commercialization of EVs
- K -
This was a small single-seater electric car produced in 1921 and 1922 by the Electromobilwerk Kaha Gmbh of Wasseralfingen (Germany).
Kensington Automobile Mfg. Co., Buffalo, N.Y.,USA, 1899-1903
Kewet EL Jet
Produced by C.P. Kimball & Co. of Chicago IL, the Kimball was available in both 2 and 4-seater versions in the early 1900's.
C. Kliemt Wagenfabrik of Berlin (Germany) produced a small number of electric cars in 1899 and 1900.
From 1897 to 1907, the Compagnie Parisienne des Voitures Electriques (Système Kriéger) of 35 Rue de Ponthieu, Paris: Blvd. de Valmy Colombes (Seine) Paris (France) produced a series of electric and hybrid vehicles. While a significant number of the battery-electrics were produced, the hybrids do not appear to have been built in quantity, although a variety were announced, including one using alcohol as a fuel, and other using a gasoline-turbine engine. The early Milord electric carriage claimed a top speed of 15 mph and a range of 50 miles on a charge. Production of their cars was also licensed to British Electromobile in England, to NAMAG in Germany and S.T.A.E. in Italy. They also produced a small electric car called the Electrolette. From 1907 to 1909 the vehicles were produced in Colombes. The last vehicles produced by this firm were gasoline-powered taxicabs.
The Kriéger marque reappeared in France during World War II, but these vehicles were actually conversions of other gasoline-powered makes to electric power.
Adolph Kruger., 8/10, Spittelmarkt, Berlin, Germany, between 1901-1905
Gebruder Kruse, 45 Gansemarkt, Hambourg. Germany between 1901-1905
Kubvan - see Grumman Corporation - Kubvan
The Kühlstein Wagenbau of Berlin-Charlottenburg produced electric cars from 1898 to 1902. Some were vehicles of in-house design, others were Jeantaud cabs built under licence. The firm also built tractor units to replace horses for use with horse-drawn carriages. Later models were also known as Kühlstein-Vollmer. Production of these vehicles was absorbed by A.E.G. in 1902 or 1903.
Kurbwatt - see Grumman Corporation - Kubvan
This website is powered by renewable energy.